Horticulture Apprenticeship Level 2 at Bath College
Apprenticeships provide the best of both worlds, apprentices earn a wage and combine practical on-the-job training with college study. They are also a great route for those already in employment to develop or change their future prospects and career.
The different routes available within this qualification include horticulture, production horticulture, landscaping, sports turf and parks, gardens and green space.
The specific topics available will be agreed with your assessor and relevant to the route you have chosen.
The topics available include:
- Establishing plants and or seeds in soil
- Maintain the appearance of decorative amenity areas
- Use and maintain pedestrian controlled powered equipment
- Plant nomenclature, terminology and identification
- Construct and maintain paths
- Maintain the health of sports turf
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, applicants must be in employment in a relevant industry.
An assessor will visit you and monitor your progress in the workplace. At College you will complete a portfolio of knowledge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.