Applied Business A Level at Sacred Heart Catholic College
This course is ideal for learners keen to broaden their knowledge of a particular sector. They are developed with the support of higher education.
The one year Level 3 Certificate in Applied Business (equivalent to 50% of an A Level) focuses on 4 themes: people, markets, operational delivery. and finance.
The qualification is split into units to address these themes so that content is coherent and joined up.
Over two years this can be converted into a Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Business (equivalent to one full A Level); in this students gain a broad understanding of business topics and consider how to plan and deliver a product or a service.
- Provide a broad understanding of business knowledge and skills to support progress to higher education and can be studied alongside A Levels and/or other Level 3 vocational qualifications
- Prepare learners to work in business and entrepreneurship after achieving the qualification or via University or College
- Are strongly entrepreneurial to provide a focus for the structure and content of the qualification
- Synoptic character ensures applied learning is broad, practical and realistic
- Are supported by HE business schools and HE business enterprise departments
Final assessment involves a mix of external examination, external (AQA set) assignment and centre set assignment to ensure learners’ practical experience is maximised and assessed appropriately
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sacred Heart Catholic College directly.