Carpentry and Joinery Level 1 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
You will study both practical and theory units. This course is ideal for those looking to gain employment in the carpentry and joinery industry.
Maths and English are an integral part of this course. However if you already hold these qualifications at Grade C and above then you will be exempt from these qualifications.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- GCSE at grade D or above in Maths and English
- Reference or report from previous course or school
- Successful interview
- Initial assessment to help identify appropriate courses for those who do not achieve the required GCSE grades
Methods of study:
Theoretical as well as practical skills will be taught and developed to suit the needs of the candidate and the requirements of the awarding body Method of Assessment:
Completion of practical training projects and assessments
- Written knowledge evidence tests
- Oral questioning
A typical opening would be working for a building contractor as a trainee carpenter on site, a bench joiner in a workshop, or in various timber manufacturing processes. You will be encouraged to secure relevant employment and become an apprentice in order to complete NVQ Level 2 and 3 studies and possibly continue with construction management training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.