Vocational Studies Level 1 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
This qualification is designed to maximise personal skills such as team building, career planning, communication and problem solving. It is also aimed at giving students a taster in various subject sectors such as Health, Business, Hospitality, ICT, Childcare and Public Services.
You will study a wide selection of subjects designed to help you improve your skills in general areas. This will give you the springboard you need to progress to employment or further training in these and other areas.
Subjects may include some of the following:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Running an event
- Contributing to a community
- Keeping active and healthy
- Communicating with others
- Developing digital information
- Presenting a business idea
- Supporting children's learning
- Making healthy snacks
You will also be required to study English and Maths if you do not already have a C grade at GCSE in these subjects.
- A pass at grade 2 or E and above in English and Maths OR Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in Maths and English.
- Successful Screening at Entry Level Functional Skills English and Maths on enrolment.
- A good school/college report containing evidence of attendance, good behaviour and attainment will also be requested.
- An interest and enthusiasm in the chosen pathway.
There are a variety of assessment methods that will be explained to you by your tutors.
WHAT CAREERS CAN I GO ON TO?
By completing this course you will develop skills which will help you progress to employment or further training in many areas.WHAT FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
If you achieve on this course and pass Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1, you may be able to progress on to a Level 2 qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.