Engineering Level 2 Apprenticeship at Somerset College
Compulsory modules that will be covered by the Apprenticeship programme include:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Using and communicating technical information
Trade related units include:
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using a CAD system
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
These units can be adjusted to suit a particular work specialism. To gain the full Apprenticeship you will need to complete the programme. Functional Skills in English and Maths will feature as part of both qualifications.
• College entrants will be 16 or over and have at least four GCSEs at grade E or above.
• There will also be a College interview and initial assessment.
The course is assessed by online assessments, college-based assignments and short answer tests. The NVQ at Level 2 or 3 will be assessed by demonstration of practical competence in a variety of relevant tasks.
You will also need to build a portfolio to a national standard including answers to technical questions to measure your understanding of engineering.
There are opportunities to progress on to our Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Diploma. Further progression could include an HNC or foundation degree.
You could find employment as a mechanical or electronic engineer in a wide variety of engineering sectors.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.