A Level Physical Education at The Sandon School
This subject is ideal for students who are interested in a career in physical education or in the leisure industry. The opportunities are vast. The subject can be pursued at degree level in a wide range of courses (see below). Sport and Physical Education is an ideal accompaniment to science subjects, particularly for a Sports Science degree. It is equally useful as one of a combination of subjects for any of the other sports degree.
- Unit 1 (60%) OPPORTUNITIES FOR AND THE EFFECTS OF LEADING A HEALTHY ACTIVE LIFESTYLE - comprising physiological, psychological and historical components (2 hour written exam)
- Unit 2 (40%) ANALYSIS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY - comprising 2 practical activities
- Unit 3 (40%) OPTIMISING PERFORMANCE AND EVALUATING CONTEMPORARY ISSUES - comprising physiological, psychological and historical components (2 hour written exam)
- Unit 4 OPTIMISING PRACTICAL PERFORMANCE IN A COMPETITIVE SITUATION - 1 practical activity
Students are required to achieve a B grade or above in GCSE PE and also grade Cs or above in both English and Science at GCSE. It is not vital to have studied GCSE PE, but it will help.
There are endless opportunities. Recent students have gone on to study at degree level in:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Sports Psychology and Coaching Sciences
- Football Business and Marketing
- Sports coaching and Physical Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sandon School directly.