Manufacturing Engineering BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Further mechanical principles and applications
- Selecting and using programmable controllers
- Teamwork in a continuous improvement environment
- Welding technology
- Further mathematics for engineering technicians
- Applications of computer numerical control in engineering
If you enjoy engineering and want to further your knowledge and understanding of the theory behind principles used in the industry, or want to progress to gain a higher level qualification such as a HNC, HND or degree, this course will develop your skills in a range of specialist areas such as mechanical principles and applications, business principles, technical information and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
This Level 3 pre-apprenticeship programme is mainly an academic theory-based programme and you will learn by applying your knowledge to analyse and find solutions to a range of industry-based situations that occur in a real working environment.
Completion of the course will enable you to enter the engineering industry working in areas such as product manufacturing, quality control etc, pursue an engineering apprenticeship or progress to a higher education qualification.
To access this course you are required to have:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C including maths and English)
- An interview at the college and an online assessment based around engineering principles
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation of practical sessions, written assessments, assignments, research and on-line tests.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain employment in the engineering industry in various roles such as a manufacturing engineer, maintenance engineer, product control etc
- Pursue an engineering apprenticeship
- Progress to a higher level engineering qualification such as a HNC, HND or university degree
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.