Construction - Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
You will be working on a construction site or in domestic or commercial premises carrying out site carpentry to first and second fixing (door frames, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists) to given specifications.
The course covers:
• Safe working practices
• Information, quantities and communicating
• Building methods and construction technology
• Shaping curved components
• Assembling bespoke/complex bench joinery
• Organising and running your own jobs
• Conforming to health, safety and welfare
• Conforming to productive work practices
• Moving, handling and storing resources
• Manufacturing routing architectural joinery products
• Producing setting out details for architectural joinery products
• Maths and English at level one unless previously achieved
Steel toe capped boots are required.
You will have undertaken screening to ensure you are working at entry level 3 and that you are able to achieve level 1 English and maths within a year. It is also expected that students complete their current course of study to the best of their ability, and maintain a positive approach to continuing their studies.
• Continuous assessment
• Multiple choice online exam at the end of each unit
• Professional discussion
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.