Early Years Workforce (Educator) Advanced Apprenticeship at Darlington College
This Apprenticeship covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s workforce settings including early years and social care. This is the only level 3 qualification that confer occupational competence for the children and young people’s workforce.
Anyone wishing to apply for this course must also complete the suitability declaration form which will be sent to you at the point we invite you to interview.
- Child and young person development
- How to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Context and principles for early years provision
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Professional practice in early years settings
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Promote communication
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Engage in personal development
- Employers rights and responsibilities
- Paediatric first aid
- Food safety certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and IT at level 2
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and maths, and a Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early Years Education and Care. You must also supply details of two personal referees who are not relatives and the college will formally write to them to obtain up to date references to support your application.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college for all courses and Apprenticeships and we will request a school or college report.
- Teaching Assistant
- Childcare Practitioner
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.