BTEC Diploma L3 Sports Studies at Robert Owen Academy
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been revised to fit the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). The revised titles are:
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 30-credit Certificate in Sport 500/6753/9
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 60-credit Subsidiary Diploma in Sport 500/6751/5
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport 600/3931/0
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 120-credit Diploma in Sport 500/6755/2
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 180-credit Extended Diploma in Sport. 500/6764/3
Key features of these BTEC qualifications in Sport
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the sport and active leisure sector to:
• l provide education and training for sport, leisure and recreation employees
• l give sport, leisure and recreation employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally specific qualification
• l give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the sport and active leisure sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Sport or related areas
• l give learners the opportunity to develop a range of techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
These BTEC qualifications in Sport provide an introduction to the sector for learners looking to build a career in sport, within one of its occupational areas. These areas include careers in exercise and fitness, coaching and leadership, sports development and the outdoors. At the BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma level, there are three specific specialist pathways to choose from:
1. Performance and Excellence
2. Development, Coaching and Fitness
3. Outdoor Adventure.
The specification has been structured to allow learners maximum flexibility in selecting optional units, so that particular interests and career aspirations within the sport and active leisure sector can be reflected in the choice of unit combinations.
This is higher level qualification and as such a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade D or better with at least one in a sport or science based discipline.
This qualification carries recognised UCAS points and can be used to gain access to further education in a related qualification. Pathways to employment in the sports sector can be enhanced by attaining this qualification.
There is a significant amount of practical participation required for this course. Appropriate clothing for participation and other practical equipment are essential. A resources list will be provided upon acceptance to the course. Sports related qualifications such as coaching awards are not funded by this course, this is an additional cost to the student.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Robert Owen Academy directly.