Sport Studies Level 3 Vocational at Worcester Sixth Form College
· Body systems and the effects of physical activity
· Sports coaching and activity leadership
· Sports organisation and development
· Working safely in sport, exercise, health and leisure
· Physical activity for specific groups
· Organisation of sports events
· Sports injuries and rehabilitation
· Practical skills in sport and physical activities
· Year 2 units to be covered:
· Nutrition and diet for sport and exercise
· Performance analysis in sport and exercise
· Sports research project
· Improving fitness for sport and physical activity
· Working in active leisure facilities
· Sport as a business
· Sport and exercise psychology
· Health and fitness testing for sport and exercise
As a vocational course the emphasis is on student-based learning. Delivery methods will include lectures, coaching sessions, tutorials, research tasks, peer presentations, experiments, fitness testing and practicals. Students will also be offerred a range of day trips and talks from visiting speakers to enhance their knowledge and experience.
- If a student does not have either GCSE Maths and/or English Language this must form part of their programme. Where a student has a high average GCSE score but needs to take both GCSE Maths and GCSE English Language then they will do this in combination with 2 or 3 AS levels or BTEC Certificates, or a BTEC 90-credit Diploma.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above, otherwise will be added to your programme of study.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Your grade is mainly determined through internally assessed assignments but there are five units that have external assessments over the two years.
Compulsory 10 days of work experience* in first year of course (2 different placements). Students may need to be be police checked through DBS: approx. £44. Appropriate kit required for practical activities.
Students may go on to study a degree in Sport or Sport Science or into sport-related employment and further training. This course is a well-recognised and respected qualification for entry to many occupations including the various forces.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worcester Sixth Form College directly.