Painting & Decorating Level 2 Diploma at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment such as scaffolding, mobile scaffolds, steps, trestles, ladders and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration - washing down, rubbing down by hand and mechanical methods, filling and stopping
- Application of wall coverings: lining paper, woodchip, embossed, patterned pulp, vinyl, pre-pasted
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Applying paint systems using high volume spray equipment
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- Producing special decorative finishes
- Information, quantities and communicating with others in the construction industry
- Building methods and technology in construction
- Carrying out safe working practices in construction
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have Level 1 in Painting and Decorating, or equivalent qualifications/experience, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.