Information Technology BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Guildford College
An ideal course if you want to start a career in IT.
- communicating in the IT industry
- working in the IT industry
- computer systems
- business IT skills
- supporting organisations with IT
- project planning
- installing computer hardware
- installing computer software
- customising software
- setting up an IT network
- IT security
- IT support
- IT fault diagnosis and remedy
- mobile communications technology
- maths for IT
- database systems
- website development
- software design
- object oriented
- procedural and event driven programming
- computer graphics
- telecommunications technology
- home entertainment systems
- and developing computer games.
4 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade D or above or equivalent level 1 qualification with Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 1 or above. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications is also useful.
Written assignments, presentations and practical work.
Information Technology Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma or A Level, or employment in a junior administrative position requiring ICT skills.
You will be encouraged to look at the use of Information Technology in local businesses and visits will be arranged where appropriate. You will be expected to provide relevant materials such as a flash drive and cover the cost of educational visits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.