Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) - Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Sir Herbert Leon Academy
Fully qualified PE staff and sports specialists, with the combination of qualified sports coaches will deliver practical and theoretical elements of the courses. The course is broadly equivalent to 3 A Levels. The course is taught in units that are broken down into smaller assignments for ease of completion.
What will I study?
Core Units - All eight units must be taken (mandatory)
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology in Sport (5 credits)
- The Physiology of Fitness (5 credits)
- Assessing Risk in Sport (10 credits)
- Fitness Training & Programming (10 credits)
- Sports Coaching (10 credits)
- Sports Development (10 credits)
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise (10 credits)
- Practical Team Sports (10 credits).
- Sports Nutrition (10 credits)
- Leadership in Sport (10 credits)
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle (10 credits)
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise (10 credits)
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport (10 credits)
- Organising Sports Events (10 credits)
- Work Experience in Sport (10 credits).
The assessments will be a mixture of practical and individual study. All units will be assessed and graded by the Unit Tutor and internally verified by the course co-ordinator with some units being externally verified by the examination board.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir Herbert Leon Academy directly.