Performing Arts at John Willmott School (JWS)
LEVEL BTEC Level 3
EXAMINATION BOARD EDEXCEL
• Certificate - Equivalent to 1 x A/S Level
• Subsidiary Diploma - Equivalent to 1 x A Level
• Diploma - Equivalent to 2 x A Level
BTEC’s are more vocational qualifications that carry an A Level equivalency. BTEC Performing Arts is unique in that it allows learners to study a combination of both Music and Drama.
As it is a vocational subject – this also means that it is assessed through 100% coursework which is a combination of presentations, rehearsal diaries, live performances and evaluations.
This course is aimed at anyone who enjoys Music and Drama, particularly performance or anyone who is interested in a career in the Performing Arts industry.
5 A* - C at GCSE
SPECIFICATION AND UNITS OF STUDY
• Unit 7 - Performing to an Audience
• Unit 14 - Musical Theatre Performance
• Unit 15 - Variety Performance
• Unit 19 - Principals of Acting
WHO TO CONTACT FOR INFORMATION Miss S Evans or Miss J Willett
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Willmott School (JWS) directly.