Health and Social Care - Social Work Pathway Level Three BTEC Diploma at East Riding College
This course offers the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in health, social care and early years. You will have the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way. In addition, you will develop key skills that are highly valued by employers and universities. This course is equivalent to three A-levels.
- Developing effective communication
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Health, safety and security
- Development through the life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
- Personal and professional development
- Sociological perspectives
- Psychological perspectives
Plus specialist units:
- Values and planning in social care
- Caring for children and young people
- Physiological disorders
- Working in the social care sector
- Caring for individuals with additional needs
- Caring for older people
- Vocational experience
- Lifespan development
- Four GCSEs at grades A* to C, including English
- Level Two BTEC Diploma in Health and Social Care (at merit level), or equivalent qualifications
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- A genuine interest in health and social care
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports.
Higher education and access to a wide range of careers including nursing, teaching, police and social work training. The transferable skills you will develop throughout the course will open up a wide range of employment opportunities in the health and social care fields.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.