Functional Skills English Level 2 at Westward Pathfinder
Functional Skills are practical skills in English and Maths. You might be a young learner (14-19 years old) or an adult. Functional Skills provide an individual with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable them to operate confidently, effectively and independently in life and work.
They are learning tools that enable students to:
- Apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- Engage competently and confidently with others
- Solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Develop personally and professionally as positive citizens who can actively contribute to society.
English - Key areas:
- Speaking and listening – making an oral presentation or report.
- Reading – reading and understanding information and instructions.
- Writing – writing accurately so that meaning is clear.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Westward Pathfinder directly.