Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness at HTP Training
This qualification is for individuals who wish to become fitness instructors. Delivered and assessed in the workplace, it is designed so that individuals can gain the knowledge and competence needed in a work-based setting.
The qualification may also appeal to employers who wish to up skill their work force so they are fully competent in the workplace.
To provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding and skills to plan and instruct gym-based exercise. The content reflects what an individual needs to know in order to function effectively as a gym instructor.
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- planning, preparing and delivering safe and effective gym-based exercise programmes
- programming safe and effective exercise for a range of clients
- the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- motivating and communicating effectively with clients
- health, safety and welfare
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact HTP Training directly.