Painting and Decorating - Pre-Apprenticeship Course at The Growth Company (formerly The Skills Company)
Painting and decorating is not all about hanging wallpaper! Working within this area you can play an important role in the painting and finishing of structural steel and concrete work used in bridges, factories, industrial and commercial buildings, as well as houses and apartments.
The course is based in Trafford Park and you will achieve a level 1 C-Skills diploma in painting & decorating
Start date: August (3 days per week)
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and applying colour
Eligibility: Complete an initial assessment and interview
You will receive an allowance of up to £10 per week. There may be additional bursaries that you can apply for.
You could progress on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.