Skilled For My Future at Runshaw College
Why should I come to Runshaw to study Skilled For My Future?
Skilled For My Future is a taster qualification and introduction to studying at college. The course runs over 4 days a week. The course is designed for your people who need an extra year to find their chosen vocational career path and have studied at GCSE level. There are no formal qualifications needed to apply for this course. Students will have an initial assessment to ensure they are studying at an appropriate level.
To enhance the learning experience and develop employability skills students will also take part in a range of enrichment opportunities:
- Team building
- Trips and visits
- Work based visits
- First aid
The pass rate for 2018 on this course was 100%.
What will I study?
- BTEC Extended Vocational Qualification which includes portfolio building and practical assessments in a range of vocational subjects that may include:
- Catering & Hospitality in a working restaurant
- Events Management & Themed Events
- Travel & Tourism
- Childcare and Health Needs
- BTEC Personal & Social Development Qualification to enhance employability skills
- GCSE English and Maths
There are no formal qualifications needed to apply for this course. Students will have an initial assessment to ensure they are studying at an appropriate level.
How is the course assessed?
Your progress will be monitored throughout the course.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
What will this course prepare me for?
- Higher level college course
Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer. Please visit https://www.runshaw.ac.uk/courses.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.