Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 2 First Award at Nottingham Girl's Academy
This course is for anyone who wants to focus their future career around the wide ranging field of Travel and Tourism. If you prefer doing coursework to exams and like to learn through investigation and research then this could be the course for you.
You will study four units giving a basic understanding of the content of the travel and tourism industry and ones that will give you the specialist skills and knowledge needed to work in one of the many areas of this dynamic industry.
Units covered at Level 2
- The UK travel and tourism sector.
- Understanding customer service in travel and tourism.
- Understanding the nature and effects of world travel.
- Holiday planning.
- Exploring marketing in travel and tourism.
Usually 5 GCSEs at grades D/E or above.
- Three units are assessed through coursework to ensure you have met all the criteria listed by the examination board 75%.
- 1 unit - external examination 25%
Successful completion of this course along with a GCSE C in Mathematics and English can lead you on to any of the Level 3 BTECs offered, and it will also give you the skills and knowledge needed to find work, especially in the travel and tourism industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Girl's Academy directly.