OCR Introductory Diploma: ICT at Baylis Court School
This course is completed over a 1 or 2 year period, and you will complete 3 units per year. Units taught are E-commerce, Website production, Digital Photography to Advanced Databases and Computer Systems. The course will suit you if you are actively searching for an ICT related career or wishing to pursue an academic path in ICT and Business Studies. You will be expected to reflect on theory, group work analysis and evaluation of case studies set either by the exam board or the course centre. The course:
• Offers a more in depth look at ICT in the modern workplace
• Gives an insight into its role in specialist careers
• Provides an alternative to GCE, or similar exam-based courses
• Provides on going learning and assessment
• Places greater emphasis on encouraging practical skills and experience.
All units are 100% coursework and are internally assessed and externally moderated by the exam board. Units are graded individually with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
In addition to the general entry requirements for the Herschel Consortium, you will also be expected to provide a good reference from your school.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baylis Court School directly.