Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This qualification is part of the new QCF supporting teaching and Learning qualification suite, it will confer occupational competence for Supporting teaching and Learning and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to teaching and learning. This qualification provides evidence of competence of being a support teacher. It is suitable for a learner who is currently working in a school.
The Apprenticeship is made up of the following four components:
1. Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Children and young people Development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and Professional Relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Optional Units include:
- Schools as Organisations
- Contribute to supporting bilingual learners
- Invigilate tests and examinations
- Prepare and maintain learning environments
- Support children and young people's play and leisure
- Support children and young people at meal or snack times
- Support assessment for learning
- Support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs
2. Level 2 Functional Skills in English, level 1 in maths and ICT
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS) embedded in Certificate
A telephone interview is required. Learners must be aged 16years and older and working a minimum of 30hrs each week in a school.
English, maths and IT grades A - C (or equivalent) preferred.
Production of a portfolio of evidence, demonstrating understanding and competence in practice.
Methods of evidence include: Direct Observation by Assessor, Reflective Accounts, Professional Discussions with Assessor, Work Products, Cache Assignment Tasks.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This Apprenticeship is intended to provide learners with a good starting point within the sector.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Level 3 Diploma Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.