Equine Studies Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you looking to start a career in an equine environment? Could you benefit from a practical Level 2 course?
This course is designed for students who want to work in the equine and animal care sector. It builds your knowledge and skills, preparing you to start work in a range of horse-related contexts. It also allows you to progress onto vocational qualifications at an advanced level.
The course is suitable for students progressing from a related Level 1 qualification, or from GCSEs. It focuses on practical, hands-on experience in a range of areas, along with classroom sessions to help build your knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical work, with some classroom work to develop understanding
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodland, with its own indoor riding centre and animal centre, allowing your studies to be carried out in a realistic setting.
- 2 GCSEs grade D or above in any subject or equivalent qualifications
- Suitability to the course displayed in an interview with the course tutor where your experience in the subject area, enthusiasm and willingness to learn will be considered
- Level 1 Diploma in a relevant subject
- Evidence of basic skills ability that will enable the learner to independently cope with the academic requirements of a level 2 vocational qualification. This evidence can be produced from either previous course work or from an aptitude test. This evidence will be assessed by a member of the College basic skills team.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Portfolio assignments to show your understanding.
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Equine Studies Level 3, available at Glynllifon
You could also proceed into an Apprenticeship or into employment. You will also have enhanced your employment options, and will be able to discuss your career with your personal tutor or the careers guidance team.
- Equine Dentist
- Equine Nutritionist
- Equine Organisations Officer
- Groom/Stable Hand
- Horse Trainer and Behaviourist
- Horse Trekking Centre Worker
- Riding Instructor
Programme code: 0303A02B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.