Vehicle Maintenance- Level 1 Diploma at Plumpton College
If you're looking for a sound basis to start your motor vehicle studies, this is the course for you.
It's also a great choice if you're looking to continue your GCSEs or you're looking to start an apprenticeship or employment.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You'll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Spark ignition system maintenance
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle driveline maintenance
- Vehicle electrical foundation sksills
- Vehicle lighting system maintenance.
- You'll need to have achieved 1 or more GCSEs between grade E-G (new grades 2-1)
- Completion of the Rural Pathways programme and a strong interest in motor vehicles
- Successful completion of a Level 1 in another area
- Mature students without the above requirements will be considered.
- 16-18 exempt
- 16-18 exempt
- Cost for day students- £120 per year
- Cost for residential students- £200 per year
The facility fee is applicable to all our full time FE students and this is paid annually before you arrive for your enrolment and induction. This fee assists in providing non-educational facilities which include security, sports amenities, membership of the Sports and Social Club, minibuses, Wi Fi access, television room, on-site medical support and free car parking subject to availability.
For students aged 19 plus please contact Admissions for further fee information:
By completing this course, you'll be able to go on to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle, Service and Repaid Principles.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 year.Facilities
We've got modern workshops here, fully equipped with three ramps and a range of modern vehicles for you to work on. All of the latest equipment is here for you to use, and you can complete your studies around the IMI Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair syllabus. You'll also have the opportunity to visit local garages and enjoy specialist guest lecturers; making sure you're on top of all the latest developments. During your course, you'll get to develop your diagnostic skills plus have hands-on tool use and mechanical training. We also have a fully-equipped welding shop for you to develop your skills.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.