Painting and Decorating Level 2 Diploma CSKILLS at Hertford Regional College
This Level 2 Diploma has been developed to give broader training qualifications in Construction to improve the skills, knowledge and understanding of the future workforce. This will make it easier for you to move across various employers, contracts and projects.
You will study both practically focused units which will be supported by knowledge and understanding tests. On completion of the Diploma you will be able to go into the workplace, become an Apprentice or progress to the next level of training.
The level 2 Construction Diploma builds on the learner's knowledge acquired during the level 1 qualification. In addition to t his the level 2 Diploma offers a spraying unit and a special paint effect unit that features
stencil, stipple, wood and marble effects. The level 2 further develops the learners' knowledge and hand skills in their chosen qualification. The qualification can provide a progression route to achieving an NVQ level 2.
You will also have an opportunity to develop your communication, numeracy and interpersonal skills. These skills will help you gain employment in the construction industry in the future.
- You must have successfully completed the Level 1 Diploma in the specific trade area
- Have successfully achieved Key/Functional Skills at level 1
- Have a keen interest in following a career in the Construction industry
- Assessment will be carried out throughout the course using end of unit practical assignments and end of unit knowledge tests. This type of assessment build a portfolio of evidence over the year and demonstrates good compliance to Health and Safety practices throughout the course.
- In addition you will be required to study functional skills in English and maths to support the main Diploma qualification up to level 2 of grade C GCSE
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will have gained a nationally recognised qualification that can lead to employment in the construction industry as an Apprentice, or allow you to continue onto the NVQ level 2.
As a full-time student, you will have the chance to take part in additional activities, including sports, alongside your main programme. Depending on your prior achievement, you can resit GCSE English and/or Maths.
What will I need?
You will need to supply your own safety boots and stationery.Trips will be organised throughout the year and may incur a cost.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.