Plastering: Level 2 CSkills Diploma at NESCOT
The Level 2 Diploma in Plastering at Nescot College is a one year course, available on a full or part-time basis to fit around your existing commitments.
The course is a combination of practical and theory sessions enabling you to gain good practical skills with underpinning job knowledge of plastering. You will work towards achieving 8 units of competence, a Synoptic Practical Assignment and an end of year examination. For full time students the course will form part of your individual programme of study which will include Maths and English and other work-related activities designed to boost your employability.
Our courses can be completed in a variety of ways to fit in with your personal and work needs. Courses are available on a full-time or part-time basis. You will be given details of course materials, stationery and health and safety equipment you will require when you enrol on the programme.
- Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Building methods and construction technology 2
- Apply plaster materials to external surfaces
- Fix dry – lining and plasterboard products to interiors
- Form sand and cement screeds
- Produce plaster components (fibrous)
- Apply plaster materials to internal surfaces
- Position and secure fibrous plaster components
Level 1 Plastering plus maths and English.
You will have an informal advisory interview with a construction tutor. Your discussion with the tutor will be for approximately 30 minutes and you will have the opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the content of the course.
You may progress on to Level 3 Plastering, Apprenticeship or alternatively seek employment.
Potential career routes in the Plastering industry:
- Building suppliers
- Damp proofing technicians
- Decorative plastering
- Dry liner
- Fibrous plastering
- Start your own business
- Work for a small or large construction business
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.