Football Coaching Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
This course is one of the first of its kind in the UK and is suitable for individuals with some experience in football. The course offers you the practical and theoretical skills to become a professional football coach at any level. The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
This course requires learners to complete a minimum of 75 hours work experience. Opportunities are provided by our partner establishments.
- Background and theory of coaching at a variety of levels including children, professionals and those with a disability
- Taking part in practical sessions with people of varying age, levels and disabilities
- Preparing and conducting coaching sessions
- Undertaking practical work placements working with ex professional footballers
- Dealing with accidents and emergencies
- Promoting events and courses
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D-G including Maths and English
- Football Coaching - Level 1 or other relevant Level 1 qualification
- Experience of working with children and/or coaching teams/leading groups
You will also need a strong proven interest/involvement in practical sporting activities and have a keen interest in coaching football or experience within the industry.
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student
Please note: To gain access to this course you will need to go through a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have criminal convictions or cautions, please do not be put off from applying for the course. Your acceptance on to the course will depend on the nature of any convictions and will be at the discretion of the College and your placement provider.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Football Coach
- Conditioning Coach
- Sports Coach
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.