Public Services Level 2 at Malvern Hills College
A hands-on course building teamwork and leadership skills. This course would be of interest to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in the military services or the Emergency Services.
• This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for a successful career in the uniformed public services, eg Police, Fire and Rescue Services, Security, Prison Services and the Armed Services
• The course covers four main areas within the public services – Citizenship, the Government and Career Planning, Adventure Training, Sport and Fitness and Work Practice During Visits
• Units include: Public Service Skills, Career Planning, Improving Health and Fitness, Employment in the Uniformed Public Services, Citizenship and Adventurous Activities
This course is 50% practical. You will participate in numerous activities including fitness testing, training and sport, and adventurous activities including one expedition away from campus. You will participate in group discussions, presentations and assignment writing, visits to public service establishments, charity/voluntary activities and work experience. Emphasis is on you getting hands on experience of public service life and developing teamwork and leadership skills.
• 4 GCSEs grade D or above, including Maths or English, or
• BTEC Level 1 in Public Services
• All applicants will need to have a successful interview
On completion of the course, where you have demonstrated a strong commitment and capability on the course, you could gain employment in a Public Service organisation or apply to join the BTEC Level 3 course with the achievement of Merit or Distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malvern Hills College directly.