French A Level at Dormers Wells High School
The focus of this course is to develop communication skills, to encourage the
development of the knowledge and skills acquired at GCSE level and use the language learned in a wide range of contexts. You will gain a useful insight and appreciation of the society and culture of Francophone countries as well as reflecting on aspects
of contemporary society.
- Social issues and trends
- Political and artistic culture
- Works: Literary texts and films
You will acquire a rich vocabulary and will learn to master the structures needed to convey more complex ideas. Where possible students will have sessions timetabled with the foreign language assistant and have the opportunity to visit France.
A combination of 9 for English and Maths (minimum of grade 4 in either) and three
further A*-C GCSE passes including a minimum of a grade C in GCSE Geography.
- Listening, reading and writing
- Written exam assessing aspects of French-speaking society, political life and artistic culture.
- 505 of A Level
- Written exam assessing a text and film or two texts from the list set in the specification.
- 20% of A Level
- Speaking test
- Speaking exam assessing an individual research project and aspects of French-speaking society.
- 20% of A Level
Airport airline industry; business (most of British business is export); diplomatic service; Euro MP; journalism; law; media; teaching; translation; travel & tourism; army.
If you want to study French at university you will need to take A level French, however studying a language at A level is a valuable asset to combine with any other programme of study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dormers Wells High School directly.
Last updated date: 06 December 2016