Business Level 2 Diploma at Cirencester College
This course provides an introduction to the world of business, examining concepts and ideas and giving you the opportunity to gain practical work experience as well as going on trips and visits to enhance your learning which will all go towards helping you understand how and why businesses operate. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. You will gain 60 credits on completion of the course and progression to a Level 3 qualification is possible on achieving a Distinction grade.
The Business Level 2 Diploma aims to provide students with an introduction to the world of business, examining concepts and ideas which will help students to gain an insight into how and why businesses operate. Assignments will be undertaken both individually and in groups and will give students a chance to develop both team and communication skills. Students will work using ICT software to write reports and organise presentations. There is a strong emphasis on learning sound research skills and using a range of sources to present their work. Planning and meeting deadlines are vital.
It is divided into a range of units, four of which are core units.
- Core Unit 1: Business Purposes: this unit examines the different activities undertaken by a range of businesses;
- Core Unit 2: Business Organisations: this examines aims and objectives of different businesses;
- Core unit 3: Financial forecasting: this introduces you to the world of business finance, focusing on the importance of budgets, break even and cash flows;
- Core unit 4: People in organisations: this provides an insight into a range of roles and responsibilities in the working environment.
You will also look into setting up your own fictional company and cover a unit based on team working where you will have to work as a group to accomplish an agreed project.
You have gained
- mainly grade Ds at GCSE
- up to 3 grade Cs at GCSE
- NVQ level 1 or First Diploma
or you are:
- pre 16
- home or Steiner educated
- Portfolio of evidence
A distinction overall will allow you to progress to a BTEC National Diploma, subject to meeting normal college requirements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cirencester College directly.