Fashion & Clothing BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma at Lambeth College
Please note: In the first year you will study towards a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma. To join or progress to the Extended Diploma you will need to pass the 90 Credit Diploma.
You will study the following topics:
- Generating fashion design ideas and research
- Developing fashion presentation skills through experimentation with a variety of media and techniques
- Hand and machine manufacturing skills and stitch techniques, garment construction and finishing processes as used in the fashion industry
- Practical skills and specialist techniques in pattern construction
- Technical understanding of the techniques and processes used in the commercial garment manufacturing fashion industry
- Experimenting with a range of specialist materials, reflecting current professional practice and fashion design briefs
Additional pathways you can choose to specialise in as part of this extended diploma include:
- costume design
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 2 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 5 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English or Maths, or equivalent vocational qualifications at Level 2
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.