Children & Young People's Workforce - Apprenticeship (Level 2) at Alliance Learning
We offer Childcare Apprenticeships throughout Greater Manchester. Childcare is the correct route if you want to become a Nursery Assistant, a Nursery Nurse, a Playgroup Assistant or a Child-minder. It is a vocational, work-based course which gives you the opportunity to earn while you learn. If you want to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time as gaining valuable work experience in a young person’s environment, this course is ideal for you.
The course involves:
- Planning and supervising activities such as reading, arts, crafts, music, cooking and also physical activites indoor and outdoor
- Observing and monitoring children and making sure they are safe
- Working closely with parents and reporting any concerns
- Keeping records and giving information to parents on their child's development against the EYFS curriculum
- Monitoring developement and planning for groups and individuals to move forward in their development
Some employers do require specific GCSE grades 4 - 9
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests.... • A warm, caring, patient nature • Good communication skills • A sense of responsibility • A consistent and fair approach • A sense of humour • To be physically fit • To have creative ideas • An awareness of safety and hygiene • To be able to work in a team
You will be rquired to sit an English, Maths and ICT initial assessment before starting the Apprenticeship programme to check you are at a suitable level.
National minimum Apprenticeship wage.
This could lead to a career in Advanced Apprenticeship Framework and will allow progression to higher level
Careeer Opportunities include:
- Nursery Assistant
- Nursery Nurse
- Playgroup Assistant
- Playgroup Leader
To find out more about this qualification, contact the Alliance Learning recruitment team on 01204 677 888 or email at email@example.com
Follow us on social media for Apprenticeship updates
Facebook - 'Alliance Learning Horwich'
Twitter - @alhorwich
Instagram - alliance_learning
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.