IT Application Specialist Apprenticeship Advanced at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentices competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer
Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
Advanced apprenticeships work towards the Level 3 IT Application Specialist qualification.
All apprenticeships include the following elements:
- An integrated Competence and Knowledge Level 3 Diploma for IT Users (ITQ)
- Personal learning and thinking skills are fully mapped into the IT Users Diploma
- Functional Skills qualifications in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent as appropriate
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- On-the-job and off-the-job training
The Competency and Knowledge qualification is integrated into the Level 3 Diploma for IT Users (ITQ).
Diploma Mandatory Units:
- Level 3 Understanding the potential of IT Level 3 Developing Personal and Team Effectiveness Using IT
The remaining mandatory unit and a wide range of optional units are competence-based units.
- For entry to the Advanced Apprenticeship you will need to have A*-C GCSE passes in English and Maths or the Intermediate Apprenticeship for IT Application Specialist.
This pathway covers all job roles for advanced IT Application Specialists working in any industry sector. The relevant job roles for this apprenticeship include:
- IT Application helpdesk support
- IT Supervisor Website Manager
- IT Application Officer
You will be assessed within the College as well as in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with both your assessor and employer to support you in achieving the qualification.
Higher National Certificate, Higher National Diploma or a Foundation DegreeFurther professional qualifications and advancement.
Following successful completion of the framework, successful apprentices will be able to continue to complete Level 4 or 5 programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.