Sociology A Level at The Grey Coat Hospital
Everybody lives in a Society and experiences daily life. Sociologists think this is worth studying. Society shapes our lives. Sociology is the study of the individuals, groups and institutions and their relations that make up human society. Examples of research carried out by Sociologists include:
- The disabled as a political group.
- Youth Culture and discrimination.
- Do prisons work?
- Gender Socialisation in the 90s.
- Who benefits from the family?
- Stereotyping and ethnic minorities.
- Social class and school achievement.
- Post Modernism and parenting.
- Media coverage of sport and gender
You don’t need to have studied Sociology at GCSE. All that is required is that you have 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English language.
Sociology is a useful general qualification for all professions (including Law and Medicine) where a knowledge and understanding of people is required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Grey Coat Hospital directly.