Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care NCFE Level 2 at Doncaster College
This course is extends over one year and enables students to explore a range of areas within the health services. It will provide knowledge and practical skills required to progress onto the BTEC Level Subsidiary Diploma or employment in the health and care sectors.
- Introduction to the Adult Social Care Sector
- Introduction to the values and principles of adult social care
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
- Awareness of communication in adult social care
- Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
- 4 GCSE's grades D including Maths English and Science
- Health and Social Care Level 1 at Merit grade and a minimum of 90% attendance
A portfolio of evidence will be internally assessed and externally moderated. All assessment is achieved through a range of projects, reports, assignments and presentations.
Learners will collate a portfolio of evidence also complete a reflective log of independent study, study skills development and work experience.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma, Edexcel BTEC Level 3 (Top Up) Diploma, HND/Degree programmes including Nursing, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Sociology, Psychology and Criminology.
This qualification will provide opportunities in careers including Home & Residential Care, some National Health Careers including Health Care Assistant, Family support Worker. After further study this qualification will provide opportunities in careers including Nursing, Social Work, Youth & Community Work, Probation and Allied Health Professions
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.