Chemistry A level at The Corsham School
For any future career in science and technology Chemistry is the central science. It combines very well with other sciences such as Physics/Biology but also links with a wide range of social sciences and even arts subjects.
Experience a wide range of practical activities; much learning is carried out through ‘hands on’ experimental work.
A wide variety of teaching and learning styles are used to aid understanding such as student presentations, model building, competitions
There is no coursework assessment in this course
- Module 1: Development of Practical Skills in Chemistry
- Module 2: Foundations in Chemistry
- Module 3: Periodic Table and Energy
- Module 4: Core Organic Chemistry
- Module 5: Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Module 6: Organic Chemistry and Analysis
Grade A*- B in GCSE Chemistry or Additional Science including a score of minimum 75 UMS in the C2 examination and Grade B in GCSE Maths
- 3 terminal exams
- Practical skills endorsement
An A level in Chemistry will allow you to gain access to a wide range of higher education courses.
Chemistry is a ‘must have’ for medicine, veterinary science, environmental sciences, dentistry, biological sciences, etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Corsham School directly.