Bricklaying Level 1 Diploma at Darlington College
If your interests are in becoming a Building Service Engineer or working in associated trades this course will provide you with the basis required to commence your career. This is a practical course which will allow you to learn and develop various skills relating to the trade.
The Bricklaying Diploma study programme will consist of five key elements which you will need to complete:
Main Qualification – as above
Individual & Group tutorial sessions
Industry related work placement (if appropriate)
Development of English and Mathematics. You will be required to undertake a formal qualification if you have not already achieved at L2.
Development of enterprise and employability skills
This is a practical based course, where you will learn through underpinning theory sessions. Practical assignments are carried out in the college site area where you will learn key principles. This course is supported by individual and group tutorial sessions.
It is also expected that you will attend college in suitable work wear / clothes; it will be possible to order this directly with suppliers during college enrolment.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Handling and storing resources
- Contributing to work relationships
- Contributing to providing working platforms
- Preparing materials for use
- Preparing components for use
- Using components and materials
- Health and safety in the workplace
* These units may be subject to change and are only representative at this point, however we keep these as up to date as possible. You will be provided with a finalised full course overview at Connecting to College.
You will need 3 GCSE's at Grade E or above and must include Enginsh and/or maths. A keen interest in the subject is essential. We will request a school or college report and you will attend an interview at the college.
You can progress on to a Level 2 course in Bricklaying or go on to an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.