Geography AS/A2 Level at Havelock Academy
Developing a deeper knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts and appreciation of the relevance of these concepts to our changing world. Appreciation of the differences and similarities between people’s views of the world, its environments, societies and cultures are studied in detail.
- Physical Geography
- Core – Rivers, floods and management
- Human Geography
- Core – Population change
- Geographical skills: Subject Content- Basic, investigative, ICT, graphical, cartographical and statistical skills. Research skills and fieldwork
- Contemporary Geographical Issues
- Physical options: Plate tectonics and associated hazards, Weather and climate and associated hazards, Challenges facing ecosystems
- Human options: World cities, Development and globalisation, Contemporary conflicts and challenges
- Geography Fieldwork Investigation: Structured short and extended questions based on candidates’ own fieldwork investigation
Geography GCSE Grade B. Minimum Grade C in English, Maths, Science plus one other subject at GCSE.
All units are assessed though examinations
A huge range of universities require A-level Geography for their degree programmes, including Earth sciences, geography, geology, archaeology, oceanography, and leisure and tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havelock Academy directly.