Media Studies GCSE - part of the GCSE Social Science Pathway at Haringey Sixth Form Centre
You will study:
- Investigating and understanding the media
- Combining practical and theoretical knowledge – particularly the value of pre-production work and production skills
- Gaining a valuable insight into the way the media works
- TV and music – producing your own videos, web designs or recordings
- How to analyse and understand things that you might otherwise have taken for granted, such as the packaging on DVDs or how the opening minutes of a film, radio show or game are designed to grab audience attention whilst paying close attention to representation
4 GCSEs grade A* – C at first attempt, which must include at least a grade C in English and a grade D in maths. A good reference may also be required. Overseas applicants without equivalent qualifications will be tested.
In exceptional circumstances, students will be accepted with fewer qualifications on entry following successful interview and internal assessment; however a grade C in English GCSE is essential. International qualifications are accepted. This course is for you if you would like to study on a full-time GCSE programme.
Where it leads:
This course is designed to help you progress onto a full Level 3 qualification whether academic or vocational.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haringey Sixth Form Centre directly.