Children's Care, Learning and Development Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
This course enables you to gain a recognised national qualification which allows you to work within the field of childcare.
During your work-based placements, you will enjoy learning on-the-job skills from other professionals. We aim to develop your self-confidence helping you to achieve your full potential.
If you have passion, enthusiasm and, of course, love working with children, this could be the career for you. We are looking for people who care about the welfare and development of young children, who have the ability to work as part of a team, have imagination and patience and can show initiative.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the opportunity to work in a childcare setting as an assistant practitioner, in a fast growing sector with an increasing demand for qualified staff.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Understanding Children’s Development
- Keeping Children Safe
- Communication with Children and Adults
- Preparing and Maintaining Environments for Childcare
- Professional Development, Roles and Responsibilities in Childcare
- Supporting Children’s Play and Learning
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
You will be assessed by coursework assignments, one exam and also continuous assessment whilst in the workplace.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (providing you obtain a Distinction overall)
Employment options may include:
- Schools Teaching Assistant
- Nursery Assistant
- Parent Helper
- Nanny/Au Pair
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.