Construction Plant Mechanics Programme C&G Technical Certificate Level 2 at Stafford College
The Diploma in Maintenance of Construction Plant is designed to prepare people to maintain and repair plant machinery and equipment. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the assessment is based on the candidate showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of set assignments.
- Plant Maintenance Workshop Practices
- Carry Out Service and Maintenance Requirements
- Removal and Replacement of Components and Assemblies
- Removal and Replacement of Components and Assemblies (Small Plant and Tool)
- Dismantle, Measure, Examine, Assess and Assemble Components
- Fabricate, Form and Join Materials to Produce and Repair Components
- Diagnostic and Condition Assessment Procedures
- Carry Out Test Procedures
- Handle, Move and Support Loads
- Procedures to Configure Plant and Equipment
- Installation and Handover Procedures for Plant and Equipment
- Functional Skills - Mathematics
- Functional Skills - English
- Functional Skills - Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and Maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at Grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills Awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to University or employment.
GCSEs at grade D or above and ideally level 1 from either plant or motor vehicle.
Continuous assessment and externally set tests.
Students may be able to receive financial support, please contact Student Services for further information on 01785 275512.
Employment and/or an apprenticeship as a Construction Plant Mechanic.
If you would like any more information about the College or our courses then write, visit or telephone Student Services on 01785 275468. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unsure about which course to take, we can arrange for you to get the advice you need from a member of our guidance team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.