Extended Project Level 3 at Adeyfield School
The EPQ means you can develop areas of your own interest and gain a qualification through them. Freedom to choose your own topic and work on your own. You can chose to write a dissertation; a report; create an artefact; a drama presentation; a community project or create a DVD or CD. Develop essential independent working and research skills.
- The content of your project demonstrates the processes you have used:
- Management: selecting, planning and carrying out a project, applying skills and methods to achieve objectives.
- Use of resources: researching, selecting, organising and using information, and selecting and using a range of resources.
- Interpretation of data and applying findings.
- Development and realization: selecting and using a range of skills, including, where appropriate, new technologies; and problem solving, to achieve the planned outcomes.
- Reviewing: evaluating the project outcomes and own learning and performance.
The EPQ is a one year course, assessed by the production of a final project and a presentation at the end. There is no exam.
There are guidelines for the different types of project and their word lengths – they vary for each. However each project will be assessed on:
- Project Proposal
- Activity Logs
- Evaluation – both written and oral
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Adeyfield School directly.