Engineering Level 2 at Malvern Hills College
This course is partly run at the META (Mechanical Engineering Training Academy) on Vale Business Park in Evesham, as well as in the engineering workshops at our Evesham campus.
Studies will include:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently
- Using and communicatiing technical information
- Using hand tools for bench fitting
- Prepare and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Developing and maintaining working relationships
- Moving materials within manufacturing operations
- Getting ready for manufacturing operations
- Completing manufacturing operations
All practical assessments have to be within a +/-0.25mm tolerance.How will I be studying?
You will be studying in a tool making, precision engineering workshop. The META works closely with the industry and local employers.
The practical element of your prpgramme will be developed at the META (Mechanical Engineering Training Academy) on Vale Business Park (5 minutes by minibus from the Evesham campus). You will attend college at the Evesham campus for other elements of your study programme.
As part of this programme you will undertake work experience in a variety of engineering settings.
You will need to have four GCSEs grade D or above including Maths and English or gained the Level 1 Engineering qualification, or similar relevant qualification. All applicants will need to have a successful interview.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course students can choose to progress on to the Level 3 full-time programme or an Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malvern Hills College directly.