Engineering Apprenticeship Advanced at Derwentside College
This course will provide learners with the practical skills and related knowledge to enable them to progress into an Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship in either:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Maintenance and Installation)*
- Fabrication & Welding Engineering
- Computer Aided Design
Learners will need to complete a framework of qualifications which include:
- Technical Certificate (EAL Level 3 Diploma or BTEC Level 3 Diploma)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English, and ICT,
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities)
- NVQ Level 3 in specific skill areas
- *For Electrical Installation - learners are required to study the combined NVQ / Technical Certificate qualification called NVQ3 Diploma in Installing Electro-technical and Systems and Equipment which will partly be assessed in the college workshop and partly in the workplace.
- You will need to have: - 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths or Science and English -
- Plus successful completion of the Apprenticeship Initial Assessment
- NB You must also be employed in the Engineering sector.
The NVQ 3 will be assessed through practical work completed during employment and the completion of underpinning knowledge questions.
The learner must complete a portfolio of evidence.
The Technical Certificate will be assessed by course assignments and projects, and the functional skills via tests.
The ERR is completed during the course induction period.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills will be assessed throughout the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.