Moving and Handling Instuctor / Assessor People - 4 day Short Course at Acacia Training
This course aims to: - equip participants to undertake the role of manual handling trainer within their organisation, - - monitor work practice identifying potential risks and to carry out 'suitable and sufficent' assessment of manual handling activities related to their workplace responsibilities.Who Should Apply:
Those who have responsibility to maintain health and safety/care skills in the workplace, enabling them to minimize the risk of injury & are taking on the role of Moving & Handling Train the Trainer(MHTT) (people handling) for their organisation. Annual updates required.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Taken part in discussions and group exercises on topics such as legislation, health and safety and reasons for injury and accident prevention.
- Studied and improved knowledge of spinal awareness.
- Differentiate between good EBP and controversial handling techniques.
- Knowlege of and practice in the use of pre-transfer assessment.
- Participated in a range of manoeuvers.
- Ability to identify and demonstrate good efficient movement principles.
- Completed written and practical assessments
NB - Delegates must wear loose, non-constrictive clothing and low healed, fully enclosed shoes. Please be advised that delegates with long fingernails may not be allowed to use some equipment (e.g. slide sheets) due to the damage caused.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.