Product Design: Textiles (AQA) A-Level at Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre
- Knowledge and skill in practical applications.
- Produce high quality products and presentation skills in all aspects of work.
- Develop and sustain innovation and creativity.
- A good understanding of scientific aspects.
- Understanding of design and market influences.
- An understanding of the influences of design and technology from a historical perspective and current practice and awareness of future trends.
- Understanding and application of processes of manufacture.
- Research skills with evidence of detailed planning and synthesis.
- Interest in wider learning/design and manufacture issues.
- Candidates’ own written style - essay/assignment writing skills.
- An understanding of the use and application of CAD/CAM.
- Use of information communication technology (ICT).
- Contributions to class discussions/presentation skills.
Students will study a two-year course leading to Advanced Level qualification in Product Design Textiles. The course will consist of: the study of AS Level in year one and progression to A2 Level in year 2. 50% of the total Advanced Level award is achieved in the completion of the AS Level component.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.