Business A Level at Calderstones School
It is virtually certain that one day you will work in a business organisation and use business skills. Even if you become a surgeon, a professional sportsperson, a teacher or an artist you will need to be able to manage resources and perhaps, people. You may need to promote your goods or services and you will need to understand finance. These are the major aspects you will learn about on the course. Business is the study of organisations that seek to provide us with the things we want - at a price. You will find out how they identify what we want, how they make it and how they calculate if it is worthwhile.
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
8. Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
10. Managing strategic change (A-level only)
GCSE Grade ‘C’ in English Language and Maths.
Three 2-hour exam papers assessing all of the above content. Each paper is out of 100 marks and equally contributes 33.3% towards your A-Level
Paper 1 – Business 1 Section A has 15 multiple choice questions. Section B has short answer questions. Sections C and D have two essay questions.
Paper 2 – Business 2 Three data response compulsory questions.
Paper 3 – Business 3 One compulsory case study followed by approximately six questions.
A-Level Business will allow you to progress onto a wide range of university degree courses, apprenticeships and careers. Courses include Accounting and Financial Management; Business and Economics; Business Management; Marketing; Product Innovation and Development and Fashion Retailing. Many former Calderstones Business students who have since graduated are now working within Accountancy, Operations or are running their own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Calderstones School directly.