Basic Construction Skills C&G Extended Certificate Level 1 at Tower Hamlets College
This one-year Extended Certificate in Basic Construction Skill course is aimed at learners who are unsure of which trade area they wish to pursue and those needing to improve their math and English in preparation for higher level courses. You will be assessed primarily through practical tasks with some written work to support these activities. This hands-on course will steer you through a series of training and assessment tasks, developing your skills and knowledge in the following crafts.
- Painting and Decorating
- Electrical Installation
- Using hand tools and bench drills, mechanical engineering and electrical wiring
- Health and safety
- Grade D or above in GCSE Maths and English
- Have a strong interest in construction related activities
- Entry is subject to satisfactory interview and references
- Level 2 course in carpentry and joinery, electrical installation or other construction related course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tower Hamlets College directly.