Business Studies A Level at Highbury College
Gain the knowledge and the qualification to pursue your calling in the fascinating field of business. A Levels form the main pre-requisites for many employers and university programmes so are useful for a number of entry levels; whether you need extra UCAS
points or a qualification for employment.
This programme provides a fascinating insight into the world of modern business and commerce techniques.
Business students can benefit greatly from drawing on experience of employment, experience as consumers and what they see in the media.
They can gain an understanding of how to identify
- whether or not a business is performing well financially
- the strengths and weaknesses of the business
- and how to communicate the results.
This A Level will also enable you to develop a range of important and transferable skills including:
- data skills
- presenting arguments
- making recommendations on the basis of the available evidence
- problem solving.
You will learn in a variety of ways, including demonstrations, skills workshops and formal lessons.
In the first year (AS) you will have two main areas of study:
- Unit 1: Planning and Financing a Business: Starting a Business and Financial Planning.
- Unit 2: Managing a Business: People; Operations Management; Marketing and Competition.
The second year takes you up a step with two more study topics:
- Unit 3: Strategies for Success: Financial Strategies and Accounts; Marketing Strategies; Operations Strategies; HR Strategies.
- Unit 4: The Business Environment and Managing Change: Mission; Aims and Objectives; External Influences and Managing Change.
You will normally be expected to have five GCSEs at B or above, including English. Acceptance will be subject to interview.
Assessment will be a mix of coursework, portfolio and externally set exams.
This qualification should form a basis for progression into further learning, including progression from AS to A2, into Higher Education and/or employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.